NAME OF MONTESSORI ACTIVITY : Art Step 2 – Level 2
AREA : The Arts
AGE : 3 – 9 Years
Download Art Step 2 -Level 2 Materials that go with this presentation (Each companion pair are made up of vertical or horizontal paintings or one horizontal and one vertical painting. The 6 pairs in each folder are not so radically different from each other. Some of the pairs can have subjects but should be highly contrasting in style and colour. Other pairs can have the same predominant colour but contrasting subject matter.)
- To Match the Cards
- Visual discrimination
- Appreciation of great art
- Remove the cards from the level 2 step 2, folder. They are usually kept in the left pocket of the folder.
- Lay the first set out in a vertical or horizontal row.
- The children have to look for two paintings by the same artist.
- The paintings are not identical but they are similar in both style and subject.
- Remove the second set of cards from the right hand pocket and carefully look for its matching artist.
- Check the reverse side to ensure that they are in fact both by the same artist
- Once you have found its match, place the pairs beside one another.
- Show the child how to put the left-hand row back into the pouch. Show the child how to muddle up the other set and also how to return the right hand row into the right hand side of the pouch.
- Invite the child to have a turn.
CONTROL OF ERROR
The cards are not matched