|NAME OF MONTESSORI ACTIVITY ||Art Step 7 – Learning more about the Schools of Art |
|AREA ||The Arts |
|AGE ||3 – 9 Years |
|MATERIALS || Art Step 2 -Level 2 Materials |
(The children can begin to recognise the work of some of the major artists. These artist come to represent different schools of art. A school of art, is a group of artists whose paintings show a general similarity of style.
- · French impressionistic Paintings
- · 17th century Dutch Paintings
- · 18th century British Portraits
- · Geometric Abstract Paintings
- · Primitive Paintings
- · Japanese Paintings
Have a triple sorting folder with three different schools of art.)
|DIRECT AIM || |
- To learn more about 6 different schools of art.
|INDIRECT AIM || |
- Visual discrimination
- Broaden his cultural knowledge
|PRESENTATION || |
- Remove the 6 control cards from the first of these schools of art folders.
- Lay out the sets randomly in vertical or horizontal rows.
- Ask the child if he notices any similarities about all the paintings.
- Ask the child to group the paintings into schools of art
- When the child is finished, ask him to return the cards to each of the 6 pouches in the schools of art folder.
|CONTROL OF ERROR ||The control cards |
|EXTENSIONS || |
|VARIATIONS || |