|NAME OF MONTESSORI ACTIVITY
||The Montessori Small Stick Posting Activity for Infants
||1 – 3 Years
||Wooden Craft Match Sticks
Large Glass Salt Shaker
||Gross motor co-ordination, control of movements, concentration.
- Assist the infant to fetch a work mat and place it on the floor.
- Assist the infant to fetch the activity tray from the Montessori Cabinet
- Sit on opposite side of the mat to the infant
- Remove all the craft match sticks from the salt shaker and place them on the mat next to it.
- Hold up the salt shaker in the infant’s natural line of vision and pause momentarily when you have the child’s attention, then place (“post”) a single craft match stick into the bottle.
- Now hold the bottle in front of the infant and give them a craft match stick so that they can place it in the salt shaker
- As the infant improves in confidence place the salt shaker on the work mat in front of the infant so that he can do it unassisted.
- When the infant has ceased to be interested in the activity, assist the infant to place the activity tray back in the Montessori Cabinet
- As the infant progresses over time with this activity, you can assist less and less and eventually he will be able to perform all the tasks above unassisted.
|CONTROL OF ERROR
||The stick does not go into the bottle