AREA : The Arts
AGE : 3 – 6 Years
(All identical pairs in a folder are totally different from all the other pairs in that folder, primarily in subject, but also in colour and style.)DIRECT AIM
- To Match the Cards
- Visual discrimination
- Appreciation of great art
- Remove the cards from the level 1 folder. They are usually kept in the left pocket of the folder.
- Lay the first set out in a vertical or horizontal row.
- Remove the identical cards from the right hand pocket and carefully look for its matching partner.
- Once you have found its match, place the identical pairs beside one another.
- Show the child how to put the left-hand row back into the pouch.
- Show the child how to muddle up the other set and also how to return the right hand row into the right hand side of the pouch.
- Invite the child to have a turn.
The cards are not matchedEXTENSIONS
Ask the child which picture he likes the best and why. Perhaps you could talk about the colours – whether he likes the colours that have been used. You can also discuss the way that the picture makes the child feel. Talk about likes and dislikes,Antonyms and synonyms.