|NAME OF MONTESSORI ACTIVITY
||Art Step 7 – Learning more about the Schools of Art
||3 – 9 Years
|| Art Step 2 -Level 2 Materials
(The children can begin to recognise the work of some of the major artists. These artist come to represent different schools of art. A school of art, is a group of artists whose paintings show a general similarity of style.
Have a triple sorting folder with three different schools of art.)
- · French impressionistic Paintings
- · 17th century Dutch Paintings
- · 18th century British Portraits
- · Geometric Abstract Paintings
- · Primitive Paintings
- · Japanese Paintings
- To learn more about 6 different schools of art.
- Visual discrimination
- Broaden his cultural knowledge
- Remove the 6 control cards from the first of these schools of art folders.
- Lay out the sets randomly in vertical or horizontal rows.
- Ask the child if he notices any similarities about all the paintings.
- Ask the child to group the paintings into schools of art
- When the child is finished, ask him to return the cards to each of the 6 pouches in the schools of art folder.
|CONTROL OF ERROR
||The control cards