|NAME OF MONTESSORI ACTIVITY ||Art Step 6 – Learning about the Schools of Art |
|AREA ||The Arts |
|AGE ||3 – 9 Years |
|MATERIALS || Art Step 2 -Level 2 Materials (The children can begin to recognise the work of some of the major artists. These artist come to represent different schools of art. A school of art, is a group of artists whose paintings show a general similarity of style. |
- · French impressionistic Paintings
- · 17th century Dutch Paintings
- · 18th century British Portraits
- · Geometric Abstract Paintings
- · Primitive Paintings
- · Japanese Paintings)
|DIRECT AIM || |
- To learn the names of 6 different schools of art.
|INDIRECT AIM || |
- Visual discrimination
- Broaden his cultural knowledge
|PRESENTATION || |
- Begin with about 6 selected schools of art that are familiar to the child.
- Lay out the set out in a vertical or horizontal row.
- Ask the child if he notices any similarities about all the paintings.
- Tell the child that all the paintings in that folder were done by artists who worked in a particular place and used a particular style. Therefore we say they belong to a particular school of art.
- Point to the name of the school on the folder and find the location of that school on a world map.
|CONTROL OF ERROR ||The cards are not matched |
|EXTENSIONS || |
|VARIATIONS || |